Top 10 Quotes by Eric Ries, Author of The Lean Startup
Who is Eric Ries?
Eric Ries is an American entrepreneur and author. He’s been nicknamed “the pioneer of the Lean Startup movement.” He and Steve Blank created the Lean Startup methodology, which has become popular among startups and small businesses worldwide.
He’s the author of the best-selling book The Lean Startup. Ries has mentored many entrepreneurs, especially startups and small businesses, to become successful like him.
These are 10 of Eric Ries’ best quotes:
- “Lean thinking defines value as providing benefit to the customer; anything else is waste.”
- “The Lean Startup is not just a methodology. It’s a mindset.”
- “Innovation is not about making something new; it’s about making something better.”
- “The modern rule of competition is whoever learns faster wins.”
- “In a world of constant change, the only sustainable competitive advantage is speed.”
- “The Lean Startup method is not about cost. It’s about speed.”
- “Reading is good; action is better.”
- “Is there a good way to fail? You have to distinguish between productive failures and idiocy.”
- “A pivot is a change in strategy without a change in vision.”
- “You can’t control what happens to you, but you can control how you react.”