10 (Affordable) GetBeamer Alternatives in 2023
Changelogs are essential to communicate product changes and show your customers that you’re listening to and implementing their feedback. And this makes it important to work on nailing your changelog design, format, and copy.
Various changelog tools are available in the market, and Beamer is one of them.
Beamer started as only a changelog tool. But over time, the team has transitioned into a full product marketing platform.
Even though their changelog tool is still used by some big companies in SaaS and other industries. It lacks the modern touch of a SaaS changelog and limits how you communicate your releases effectively.
- Quick, hassle-free installation.
- Design customization capabilities.
- For SaaS companies searching for a high-quality changelog, Beamer can be overkill because of the huge number of features they don’t need.
- Beamer charges are based on monthly visits.
- No SEO optimization settings.
Beamer is super expensive compared to other changelog tools.
- Starter: $49/mo annually with a visitor limit of 5,000 visits per month.
- Pro: $99/mo annually with a visitor limit of 10,000 visits per month.
- Scale: $249/mo annually with a visitor limit of up to 50,000 visits per month.
But the features of Beamer’s $99/month plan are way less than what many other tools like ReleaseLog can give under $25/month.
Top 11 Affordable GetBeamer Alternatives
So, if you’re looking to power up your changelog with a powerful tool within your budget, we’ve compiled a list of 11 Top Affordable Beamer (GetBeamer.com) alternatives you can use to create a custom, engaging changelog for your SaaS.
Here are all the tools we’ve come up with after extensive research:
Below, we’ve discussed all the pros and cons of each of these to make it easy for you to choose the best changelog tool for your product.
Specifically designed for SaaS products, with ReleaseLog, you can create an SEO-optimized standalone changelog with a custom domain and embed a customized newsfeed widget to inform your users about your latest releases and updates directly in your app.
You can easily write a release note and publish it to both standalone and in-app changelog at once with this changelog tool.
- Quick setup to publish within 5 minutes.
- UI customization editor gives you complete control over your changelog styling and branding.
- A fast and easy-to-use CMS to help you write engaging release notes in no time.
- Custom domain for standalone changelog site.
- ReleaseLog is laser-focused on the changelog for SaaS. So, no roadmap features are available.
- No NPS score survey functionalities yet.
- ReleaseLog offers a FREE 30-day trial for you to test the product before committing to it.
- Free tier for up to 1000 visitors/month. Their “PRO Package” is $25/month with a custom domain and all other exciting features.
Olvy is a product feedback management tool with a changelog feature. With Olvy, you can easily create a custom changelog with a functional design. It comes with custom domain support, a white-label option, and emoji reactions.
- You can send feature announcements via email notification.
- Custom domains and white label options gives you the ability to customize your changelog.
- Feedback collector.
- Features like the feedback analysis tool may only be available with a paid plan.
- Minimal SEO settings are provided, and it’s unclear how effectively they increase your Google rankings.
- Because it’s multi-tooled, it means that it may not be super optimized and focused for standalone changelogs like ReleaseLog.
- The FREE plan allows you to publish unlimited release notes with fewer features.
- Paid plans start from $24/user/month and go up to $48/user/month for extra features like user tracking, APIs, and external integrations.
Frill is a comprehensive customer feedback tool that collects customer feedback and manages your roadmap, changelogs, and announcements. This platform is known for its smooth user experience, which is significantly better than many of its competitors.
- Easily create a visually appealing changelog with custom themes.
- Allows you to transform customer feedback into a well-organized product roadmap.
- Integrates with Slack, Jira and Trello.
- Frill’s feedback system is based on a voting system, which can lead to less accurate information about users’ needs.
- Frill does not offer 1:1 communication with users, which can limit the depth of feedback and discussion.
- There’s no CMS to help you write engaging release notes.
- You have to pay more for extra features like private boards and white labeling.
- Frill offers a FREE plan with some restrictions.
- Their “Startup Plan” is $25/month. Pay up to $125 extra for privacy and while labeling.
- The “Growth Plan” is $149/month for full features.
4. Headway App
Headway is a changelog tool that was launched in 2016 and initially received a lot of positive attention for its generous free tier. However, since 2020, the tool has not received any updates and lacks some key features.
- Headway has basic features like embeddable widgets for starters.
- Free tier comes with unlimited release notes and customization controls.
- Easy to use as there are not many complex features.
- Integrates with Twitter.
- No significant updates since 2020.
- Because of no recent updates, Headway lacks advanced features, such as notifications for all users and custom CSS/JS support.
- May not be suitable for complex projects due to limited features.
- Headway offers a free plan with unlimited changelogs, Twitter integration, and public page customization.
- The “Pro” Plan is $29/month for features like custom domain and white labeling.
Changecrab is an efficient changelog tool that offers quick and engaging ways to update your users. You can create customizable changelogs and embed them anywhere on your website or landing page.
ChangeCrab offers the basic and core functions for setting up a good changelog.
- Integrates with WordPress, Intercom and Slack.
- Customization options available to modify your changelog to match your brand style.
- Publish unlimited changelogs
- Features are pretty old and have not been updated in a long time.
- User experience is not at par with modern tools like ReleaseLog.
- The free plan offers basic things needed to set up a good changelog but without access to Live Support.
- Custom CSS, White label, and Live Support in their Premium plan for $19.95/month.
ProductFeed is an affordable alternative to GetBeamer. It offers everything GetBeamer’s has but at a very low price. The user interface is simple and does not require a lot of technical understanding.
- Complete control over private and public updates.
- Notification system to help you easily notify your website visitors about new updates.
- Custom branding options
- No SEO optimization settings.
- The UI isn’t very user-friendly, and it can be a challenge to use basic features.
- Free Plan is limited to one user with access to limited features.
- Premium plan is $19/month.
Noticeable enables users to publish their product updates and provide analytics.
It is known for its ease of use and excellent customer service. The platform recently added a new feature that allows users to schedule posts, which has been well received by users.
- Basic features are pretty easy to use.
- Fast customer service.
- New scheduling feature gives the user an opportunity to announce updates on time.
- Lots of limited features on even some paid plans.
- Difficulty in integrations based on reviews.
- Lack of sufficient technical support
- A free plan with basic features.
- Their premium plans start from $29/month and go up to $399/month for enterprises.
KuickFeed calls itself a “Changelog Tool For Dummies” because it is easy and efficient for first-time users.
It gives you a single straightforward dashboard to manage all your release notes in one location. There is no restriction on the number of logs you can add, and you can easily use and maintain several changelogs within one dashboard.
- KuickFeed is exceptionally easy to use, and it only takes an hour or so to get your full changelog, with a custom domain, up and running.
- Their customer success team is very active.
- It is jacked with customization options. You can even choose your own fonts, headers, and footers.
- There are no embeddable widgets for now.
- The backend interface could be more user-friendly.
- KuickFeed does not have a free plan.
- Their plan starts from $99/year and goes up to $147/year for teams.
This product feedback management system combines all your customer feedback channels so you can easily collect and manage ideas.
You can also use it to manage your public roadmap, communicate product updates, and receive customer support. Another good thing is that it has multiple 3rd part integrations.
- Quick and easy installation process.
- Very active customer support.
- FeedBear’s UI is user-friendly and easy to use.
- There is no email notification feature as of now.
- Limited design themes and templates.
- You must pay to use white label option.
- The starter plan is $29/month with major features.
- The business plan goes up to $99/month and comes with priority support and white-labeling features.
ProdCamp is a powerful yet simple changelog tool designed to help businesses and product teams keep track of changes and updates to their products. It enables you to create, organize, and share product updates in a simple way.
- Simple and easy-to-use UI.
- Excellent customer support team.
- Ability to import data.
- Lack of adequate product onboarding. This forces users to visit the knowledge base again and again.
- Setup and installation is not user-friendly. It requires you to insert code in your website header.
- Most integrations are limited to the highest paid plan.
- Their Growth plan is $29/month with up to 10 changelogs and no white label.
- The Pro plan is $59/month.
- Their business plan is $99/month with some extra features.
What makes Changelogfy a good GetBeamer alternative is that it is cheaper and has more integrations than Beamer. Aside their changelog tool, Changelogfy also helps to easily collect and manage user feedback.
- Embeddable in-app widget with loads of customization options.
- Integrates with Slack, Intercom, and Trello.
- The Interface may be confusing for new users.
- Buggy in-app experience with glitches in certain features.
- Some features ask for too much time.
- Free plan for one changelog option with lots of limitations.
- The “Essentials” plan goes for $19/month.
- Pro plan is $49/month and Unlimited will set you back $99/month.
While numerous changelog tools are available you need to choose the one that caters to your specific needs.The right changelog tool makes it super easy and fast for you to send out announcements on time.
Whether they’re software updates, bug fixes, new features, or minor improvements you should also know how to write release notes that you users will actually read.
As you search for affordable alternatives to Beamer, consider exploring the ReleaseLog changelog tool by Earlynode. It is specifically designed for fast-growing B2B SaaS companies who want to publish beautiful release notes and keep users engaged.
You can start your 30-day FREE trial here.