Who is Mark Suster?
Mark is a Partner at Upfront Ventures, a VC firm. He’s been in the startup industry since 1997 and has vast experience in operations and investment roles. His experience gives him a lot to say about entrepreneurship.
Suser’s best 10 quotes (plus bonus quote)
- “The best way to make money in startups is not to start them.”
- “Don’t be afraid to pivot, but always be sure you know why you’re pivoting.”
- “Entrepreneurship is not about the things you know; it’s about the things you don’t know that you don’t know.”
- “Trust your instincts—they will serve you well as an entrepreneur.”
- “Start early, build relationships, and make them a part of your business.”
- “I believe that integrity and honesty are very important to most venture capital investors. Unfortunately, I don’t believe that they are required to make a lot of money.”
- “There are two types of people in the world: those who see a problem and those who see an opportunity.”
- “Choose your investors carefully. There are many bad investors out there.”
- “Passion isn’t enough. You need a set of innate skills that differentiate you from the thousands of others who set out on your similar journey.”
- “It’s not about having an idea; it’s about turning that idea into a reality.”
Bonus: The most important thing for an entrepreneur is to be resilient and never to give up.”