Top 5 SaaS Product Marketing Courses You Can Start Today [Free + Paid]
You might have the best SaaS product in the world, but if you don’t know how to market it, you won’t go anywhere.
As a product marketing manager, your company relies on you to push strategies that grow the business and leave competitors in the dust. To do that, you really need to know your stuff!
Whether you’re just starting out in the world of SaaS product marketing (perhaps with a background in marketing or product management) or you’re a product marketing pro looking to up your game, courses are a great way to skill up.
Here are 5 courses you can take today to improve your knowledge and gain new skills.
If you want to learn from top product marketing experts at Hubspot, Clickup, and Drift, then you might want to look into CXL’s Product Marketing Minidegree program.
In this program, you’ll have access to 30+ hours of self-paced product marketing training resources, and you’ll receive a certificate of completion at the end!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Strategic product marketing skills – from positioning to pricing.
- How to develop a go-to-market strategy at any product growth stage.
- How to confidently prompt user adoption and after-sale engagement.
Plus, you’ll get:
- Support on how to get hired as a SaaS PMM.
- Networking opportunities and peer support.
- Certificate for completion.
Best for: SaaS marketing pros looking to develop advanced skills
Course Price: $649 for 1 user
Product Marketing Alliance’s certification is perfect if you’re looking for an all-in-one course on SaaS product marketing.
This course is 100% self-paced, has 19+ hours of content, and is packed with live weekly workshops to keep you engaged in your product marketing journey.
What you’ll learn:
- The A-to-Z of product marketing.
- Industry-leading frameworks and strategies.
- How to roll out, test, and iterate any strategy.
- How to market your product throughout its entire lifecycle.
- How to stand out as a product marketing manager in the job market.
Best for: SaaS marketing pros with a bigger budget who are looking to develop advanced skills
Course Price: $1299
Hubspot’s Inbound Marketing course is for anyone who wants to study how to create and nurture buyer personas, generate incoming leads, and develop a conversion-oriented marketing strategy.
You’ll have access to 5 hours of focused video resources on lead generation and content marketing – and it’s completely self-paced. 🧑💻
You’ll learn how to:
- Build a customer-oriented marketing strategy.
- Align with the sales team to convert leads.
- Optimize your marketing processes through AI.
While this course doesn’t tackle anything about the SaaS industry, everything you learn through this course will be applicable to SaaS product marketing.
Best for: Product managers who want to gain marketing knowledge without a big budget
Course Price: FREE
This is a short, free course that helps businesses transition to a product-led model.
These 44 minutes will cover all the basics of PLG – and you’ll get a certificate out of it too!
What you’ll learn:
- How to scale your SaaS company using PLG.
- Why a PLG model is the only way for SaaS companies to survive.
- The difference between a sales-led and product-led growth strategy.
- A 4-step framework for creating your product’s freemium or free trial model.
Best for: Marketing pros who are new to SaaS and on a budget
Price of course: FREE
Rudranil, the creator of this course, is a product marketing consultant who has helped many multimillion-dollar SaaS businesses generate leads. 💪
In his content-intensive course, he shares the frameworks that helped him market 20+ SaaS products in the last 10 years.
What you’ll learn:
- How to do competitor analysis.
- How to create a pricing and positioning strategy.
- All about digital marketing, content marketing, user onboarding, and user retention.
- How to align product marketing and SaaS marketing for better results.
- What KPIs and metrics to measure.
Best for: Marketing pros who are new to SaaS
Price of course: $84.99 with a 30-Day money-back guarantee [as of 5th March 2023].
Each of these 5 courses has something different to offer. And don’t forget, every day’s a school day. So focus on learning outside of these courses too. If you can, read reports and case studies, and listen to podcasts in your spare time. It’ll broaden your perspective as a SaaS marketing pro!
Pro-tip: A great learning strategy would be to join an online community for product marketing (e.g., Product Marketing Alliance), so you can interact with like-minded people, keep on top of industry trends, and get clarity on any questions you may have about your product marketing challenges.