Top 10 Quotes by Jason Fried
Who is Jason Fried?
If you’ve heard of Basecamp, a leading project management, and team communications tool, then you’ve probably heard of Jason Fried. Jason is the CEO and co-founder of 37signals, a Chicago-based software company that later became Basecamp.
He’s written several books, including Rework and Remote: Office Not Required. Fried is a famous advocate of the minimalist work philosophy, and his quotes on business, productivity, and life are widely respected.
Here are some of Jason Fried’s best quotes:
- “You can’t improve what you don’t measure.”
- “The biggest challenge in business is creating something from nothing.”
- “Doing something new is always risky, but doing the same thing over and over again is even riskier.”
- “The problem with rigidity is that it comes for free. It just happens. Flexibility always takes work.”
- “A word of mouth is worth a thousand pictures.”
- “You can’t control what you don’t understand.”
- “Innovation isn’t the goal. Useful is the goal. If you can be useful and innovative, then that’s especially great. But useful first.”
- “A lot of work is done in order to avoid work.”
- “Small is not just a stepping-stone. Small is a great destination itself”.
- “There’s no such thing as a small step in innovation.”
Whether aspiring to be a successful entrepreneur or to win big while growing small, Jason should be on your checklist of inspiring people to follow!