Who is David Sacks?
David Sacks is an entrepreneur, investor, and author who co-founded PayPal in 1998. He also served as the company’s first COO. After eBay acquired PayPal in 2002, Sacks became a vice president at the online auction giant.
Sacks has since founded and invested in several startups, including Yammer, Geni, and Palantir Technologies. He is also the author of “The Start-up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest in Yourself, and Transform Your Career.” David is currently the co-founder of Craft Ventures.
Here are some of our top David Sacks quotes
- “I know when my company has closed a deal and when it hasn’t.”
- “If you can’t define it, redefine it.”
- “It’s about how aggressively we can scale without the wheels falling off the track.”
- “A noble cause does not need to relentlessly smear its critics.”
- “Your most powerful weapon in proving out a category is customer testimony.”
- “One-hundred-ten years of history, great diversity, lots of new earnings drivers, and I just became a grandpa – twins. And I’m buying JJ, Pfizer, and Warner for their future college funds.”
- “Many customers will automatically order from the category leader once they understand themselves to have the problem that category solves.”
- “The purpose of brand marketing for all SaaS companies, therefore, is the same: to establish category leadership.”
- After PayPal, I never thought I would get interested in payments again. But bitcoin is fulfilling PayPal’s original vision to create ‘the new world currency.’
- “Money is being made programmable. That’s a fundamental change with implications we can still barely see.”
You can read more about David Sacks’ bio here.